Home | Gallery | Forum | Ads TODAYSTRACTORS.COM
Today's TractorsThe Modern Tractor Resource Page

Featured Photo

Click to View

The Market
Tractor Parts
Older Parts
Tractor Manuals
Classified Ads

Discussion Forum
Forum Archives
Tractor Photos
Implement Photos
Combine Photos
Model Profiles
Safety Issues
Reading Room

Contact Us

Modern Tractor Discussion Board

Topic: john deere 1050
[Return to Forum]

Author [expand] [Modern View]

02-24-2014 16:55:43

Report to Moderator

I have a john deere 1050 4x4 diesel went to shift from high
range to low and heard a snap and the shift lever moves
free. Took the top of the trans. cover off and found the rod
that goes into the shift rail snapped.Got the lever out and
the broken piece of rod out. My question is can that part be
replaced without removing the upper shift rail. Thanks for
any help.

[Reply]  [Send Email]
Tx Jim

02-25-2014 04:35:17

Report to Moderator

If it's parts key #9 of photo I posted on JD forum I think one can replace it without a split.

  [Reply]  [Send Email]

[Options]  [Printer Friendly]  [Return to Forum]   [Add a Reply]

Hop to:
12-volt conversion kits for the following Ford models: 9N, 2N, 8N, NAA/Golden Jubilee, 600,601 series, 700,701 series, 800,801 series, 900, 2000, 3000, 4000. Contains parts and instructions for updating older 6-volt tractors to 12-volt charging system.    [Click here to visit this Sponsor]


Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and
content, without written permission is strictly prohibited.
Copyright © 1997-2013 TodaysTractors.com

Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others.